Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the dental community, because it provides such a dazzling transformation.
Main cause of teeth Discoloration is:
- Not brushing your teeth after you eat or drink anything other than water for one to two hours.
- Eating sugary or acidic foods and beverages.
- Drinking coffee, wine, tea, or soda.
- Swearing around your mouth for long periods of time.
- Using tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco and snuff) in the past.
- Not flossing or rinsing your mouth well after eating sugary foods or brushing too hard with toothpaste containing fluoride (fluoride helps prevent cavities).
Teeth whitening Boston is performed by applying a substance to the teeth that causes them to absorb light more efficiently and result in a brighter appearance. Once we have ascertained the correct strength and duration necessary for your particular needs, we will make custom-made trays from molds and impressions of your teeth. These trays will fit comfortably over your teeth for optimum effectiveness. You will wear these trays, filled with a small amount of gel daily for a predetermined amount of time until they become discolored like natural teeth do on their own (typically two to three weeks). Our kind dentists will guide you through every step of this process.”
Some tips to keep teeth healthy and white, as follows:
- Brush your teeth every morning. Floss once a day in the morning before breakfast, and then again after you brush your teeth at night.
- Use an oral irrigator at least twice a week to clean between the teeth and remove plaque that can contribute to tooth decay.
- Use a whitening toothpaste (once or twice a week only) to remove surface stains and prevent yellowing, and a regular toothpaste the rest of the time.
- Add calcium-rich foods to your diet. When you munch on fruits and veggies, it can help scrub your teeth.
- Avoid tobacco. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and chewing tobacco can yellow your teeth to have whiter teeth as well as a healthier heart.
At East Boston Dental and Orthodontics, we have specialized dentists for teeth whitening, with care and caution. Schedule an appointment with the best dental office in Boston.